How Mobile is Changing Digital Marketing for the BetterToday businesses must go the extra mile to reach their targeted audiences. With an abundance of smart technology available, reaching customers via such means is vital to success. Smartphones, tablets, and other smart devices enable individuals the chance to send text messaging and email, correspond to social media and a company website. It’s changed the way that people engage with brands they love and brands they want to get to know. Anything that is possible on a traditional computer can now be completed using mobile devices.
Digital Marketing: The Numbers Don’t LieOnce you get down to the nitty-gritty and learn the statistics related to mobile marketing, it is easier to understand why it is vital for your company to jump on the digital marketing trend when it is time to reach out to your customers. A few of the most interesting statistics you might be interested to know:
- More people use a mobile device to conduct a search engine query than the desktop
- 88% of consumers who search for a company online visit it within 24-hours of that search
- Mobile offers are redeemed 10x more often than regular coupons
- The average consumer uses their mobile device/internet for two-hours each day
- 72% of all digital advertising is expected to be spent on mobile marketing by 2019
- Users spend 69% of their mobile time using the internet
- 89% of these users spend their time interacting with mobile apps
- 57% of consumers say they will not interact with a business that has a bad movie site
- Mobile marketing improves SEO success by up to 70%
- Smartphone conversation rates stand at an amazing 64%
Create Your Meaningful Digital Marketing StrategyIf you want to market the right way, it is vital to understand your audience and their mobile needs. Provide consumers with well-designed, meaningful content that keeps mobile platforms in mind and you’ll see great improvements in your overall business success. The first step in digitizing your company is to create a marketing plan. Each business should develop their own unique marketing strategy according to their industry and the audience they want to reach. The greatest feature of mobile marketing is the ability to customize it to your exact needs, regardless of your industry, the size of your business, or other factors.
Steps to Create A Mobile Marketing StrategyYou’ll need to follow a few simple steps to create a winning mobile marketing strategy for your business.
Step One: Create a Buyer PersonaIt is imperative to understand your audience if you really want to reach them in a meaningful way. That is the best type of business-client relationship. When you understand your audience, it can help you channel your marketing voice in a manner that reaches the targeted audience in a more meaningful way. Always create a clear picture of who you think your target audience is in real life and use that to your advantage. Pay close attention to the mobile habits of your target audience, identifying information like the amount of time they spend on their device and how they feel buying products from their smartphone. A few more statistics that might help you with this step:
- Approximately 65% of email is opened using a mobile device
- 95% of Smartphone users primarily use their device to surf the internet/gather online information.
- More than 50% of B2B buyers access vendor information via their smart device.
Step Two: Set Business GoalsWhat does success mean to you? To reach that level of success, you must first define what that means to you. Identify your personal business goals by asking yourself a few simple questions.
- What is our current mobile strategy? You can improve whatever is lacking with your mobile strategy when you pinpoint this need from the start.
- How is the current mobile marketing strategy benefiting the company? Conversions Are important to look at!
- What are the mobile marketing objectives you have in place? In other words, what do you want to accomplish when you use mobile marketing strategies?
- Who is the key audience for the mobile marketing technique? Are these people similar or opposite? You want to define a persona for each person who engages with your brand.
Step Three: Establish KPIKPIs are available with the Google Analytics tool. The KPIs are used to define the success of your mobile marketing campaign. It is vital for any business owner to gain this information and use it to their advantage. This tool measures engagement, acquisition, and customer service, in turn, helping you decipher what is working and what is not working in order to improve your overall marketing strategy. To establish the best KPI results, ask yourself:
- How important is it to generate more prospects to my business?
- Do I need to improve sales by diverting more traffic to sales pages?
- Can I gain conversions through email?
Step Four: The Importance of Mobile Metric MonitoringMobile data information is important to monitor and mobile metric monitoring makes it easy to learn the behaviour of your customers with your mobile content. If it is engaging and keeps the audience around, you’re certainly on the right track. The data will even alert you to the need for optimization for your key landing pages.
It’s Time to Create a Mobile-Friendly WebsiteGoogle penalizes businesses that haven’t mobilized their website. It is not optional to mobilize your site, so why not do it the right way? In today’s digital world a mobilized site is mandatory if you want to remain relevant and in competition with the other brands. But, exactly what does it mean to create a mobile-friendly website?
- Content fits on a mobile screen without the need to zoom or scroll
- No mobile-specific errors collected in site returns
- Content from each page loads quickly on a mobile device
Free Tools Offer HelpGoogle offers business owners a free tool that helps determine how mobile-friendly their site is so improvements can be made if necessary. When you maintain a mobile-friendly site, you’ll increase customer engagement and enhance their overall experience. It is imperative to create a mobile-friendly site that is just as great as your main websites. A few more statistics to ponder:
- 35% of top-of-the-line business executives did not make a purchase they intended to make due to a website lacking mobile-friendly features.
- If your page doesn’t load within 10 seconds, consumers will leave your site and go elsewhere. This happens in 64% of all incidents.
- 90% of all shoppers use a mobile device to help them complete a purchase.
Email Mobile Advertising TechniquesIf an email isn’t optimized for mobile viewing, 69% of users will delete the email without opening it, hence 57% use their mobile device to open their mail. Use a responsive design so your web content automatically formats into a platform that provides optimal viewing on any platform. When creating an email marketing strategy, be sure to use your CTA (call-to-action) early in the message and use a 44 x 44 pixel for buttons so users can easily tap them when they desire. Complete the Subject Line with a one-line winner that will urge consumers to open your mail. Finally, complete a landing page specifically for your mobile version site. Keep the landing page simple and make it easy for users to click where they want to go.
SMS/MMS MarketingEveryone enjoys text messaging and many prefer contact via SMS/MMS than an actual telephone call. It is a truly personal way to connect with consumers and provide them with deals, information, and exciting offers that rush them to your website and/or store ASAP. Would you believe that more than 90% of all text messages are opened within three minutes after they’re received? It is easy to tailor an SMS/MMS campaign for any type of business you operate and ensure that the message is getting through loud and clear, on a timely basis. Only 22% of all emails are opened, but 98% of SMS messages are opened. That is a big difference. Text messaging is eight times more effective than email when it is time to engage customers. To create the best SMS/MMS marketing campaign, remember:
- Text must be 160 characters or less
- Slang and/or abbreviations are discouraged from use when using text message marketing
- Identify your company when sending the message.
- Create an exciting, clear Call-to-Action
- Create a valuable offer for your customers